The mobility industry is rapidly evolving, and new technologies are emerging that are set to transform the way we travel. In this article, we will discuss the top 10 mobility industry trends in 2023 based on the information provided by various sources.
- Autonomous Driving: Autonomous driving technology is one of the most promising areas within the mobility industry, and it is expected to continue growing in 2023. The aim is to minimize human negligence and errors to create safer roads .
- Electric Vehicles: In 2023, 19% of new passenger car registrations will be electric – battery electric vehicles (BEVs) and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEVs) – up from 14% in 2022. China will continue to be the largest market for EVs in 2023 with 62% of global registrations, followed by 21% in Europe and 10% in the US .
- Smart Mobility Solutions: Smart mobility solutions can transform city living and improve the quality of life for people. These solutions will enable consumers to move toward a more complete online experience and make transportation more accessible, affordable, and efficient .
- Sharing Economy: The sharing economy trend is set to continue in 2023, with more and more people opting for car-sharing and ride-sharing services instead of owning a vehicle. This trend is expected to reduce traffic congestion, parking space demand, and pollution .
- Connected Cars: The demand for connected cars is increasing, and it is set to continue in 2023. Connected cars provide real-time data to drivers, which can improve safety, reduce traffic congestion, and optimize routes. This technology also enables better communication between vehicles and infrastructure .
- Mobility as a Service (MaaS): Mobility as a Service is an emerging trend that aims to provide an all-in-one transportation service to consumers. MaaS combines different modes of transportation, including public transportation, ride-sharing, car-sharing, and bike-sharing, in a single platform .
- Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS): ADAS technology is set to become more advanced in 2023, providing drivers with features such as lane departure warning, adaptive cruise control, and automatic emergency braking. These features can help reduce accidents and improve safety on the roads .
- Clean Energy: The demand for clean energy is increasing, and it is set to continue in 2023. Clean energy sources such as solar power and wind power are becoming more affordable and accessible, and they are being used to power electric vehicles and other transportation modes [(https://www.startus-insights.com/innovators-guide/top-10-mobility-industry-trends-innovations